Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare 1 lb of Carrots grated.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Canola oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vanilla.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 3 of 8 ounce bricks cream cheese at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of Butter at room temperature.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 6 cup of Powdered sugar.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 or 300 to bake at a longer time to control raising if doing a layer cake.
- Thoroughly grease and flour three 8 inch or two 9 inch cake pans or use a large rectangular cake pan.
- Grate 1 pound of Carrots and set aside.
- Mix oil sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to boil sugar mixture at medium until just combined scraping bowl at least once.
- Fold in carrots (nuts raisins and or pineapple optional) at this time by hand.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes for three 8 inch pans. Adjust cook time for other options. Cool on wire rack's turnout of pans onto plates after leveling with knife and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before frosting. May be chilled until the next day if you wish.
- While your cake is in the oven or when you're ready to frost cream together cream cheese and butter on medium for one minute or until there are no lumps.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- On medium low mix in powdered sugar gradually then on medium-high until combined once all powdered sugar has been added.
- Use water tablespoon at a time too thin or more powdered sugar to thicken your frosting if necessary.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.