Sourdough Banana Bread. Banana bread is a comfort food classic. My secret is plenty of brown sugar, overripe bananas, and a specific mixing order for the ultimate sourdough banana bread. A few years ago, I had the pleasure of sampling the most delicious banana bread in all the land.
Add the mashed bananas, honey, eggs, and sourdough starter, again beating until smooth. DIRECTIONS Cream together the shortening and sugar, add egg and mix until blended. Stir in bananas and sourdough starter. You can have Sourdough Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Banana Bread
- It’s 113 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 g of brown sugar.
- You need 40 g of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 of large egg (70g).
- You need 1 tsp of dark rum or vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of unfed sourdough starter(room temperature).
- You need 3 of bananas, mashed.
- Prepare 240 g of all purposes flour, sifted.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
This Banana Bread made with a sourdough starter is a light and delicious bread full of pure banana flavor that is so good you don't even need to add butter! For another recipe that gives you a tangy sourdough flavor, try my Easy Sourdough Brownies. This sourdough discard banana bread is the perfect way to use up all that extra sourdough discard AND those brown bananas. No need to throw away your discard when you can make this super delicious and flavor-packed quick bread.
Sourdough Banana Bread step by step
- Grease and flour 8 nonstick rectangle carbon steel muffin pan (5.5*9cm) or 8*5 inch loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda then sifted..
- Cream together the butter with sugar. Add egg, and rum (vanilla). Mix in the condensed milk, sourdough starter and mashed bananas..
- Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix. (Or you will have tough bread!).
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch bread pan. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean..
- Cool completely prior to slicing..
- So moist and yummy!.
Your whole family will go crazy for this twist on the traditional banana bread. Sourdough banana bread is the perfect way to use your sourdough discard and over-ripened bananas! The addition of sour cream makes it so moist and tender. The sourdough discard gives it the tangy flavor we sourdough bakers crave. This simple recipe will quickly become your new favorite!