Blood orange carrot cake. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and blood orange juice. Stir until combined, and then add more blood orange juice if needed a few drops at a time to form a thick glaze (you want it to be thicker than you think, or it will go everywhere). This moist carrot and blood orange cake is everything that I love in a cake.
In a large bowl, mix together carrots, pineapple, Blood Orange Olive Oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. In a second bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and then gradually beat in the carrot mixture. Pour mixture into the baking dish. You can cook Blood orange carrot cake using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blood orange carrot cake
- It’s 1 box of Duncan carrot cake mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1 can of cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare 2 of Blood orange.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil.
This is a great way to save leftovers from any cake, and you can use them to make cake pops, bake them to make crispy ice cream toppings, or even make pie crusts out of them! The Carrot Cake is nice and moist, aided by the addition of both pureed peaches and pineapple. A blood orange reduction replaces the traditional butter in the cream cheese icing. This results in more of a honey-ed orange flavour than a strong orange flavour.
Blood orange carrot cake instructions
- Juice one blood orange and de-seed juice.
- Make carrot cake mix as directed, but sub water out for orange juice.
- Bake cake as directed on back of box.
- Empty cream cheese frosting into a big mixing bowl.
- Zest blood orange to taste into frosting, i used 2 tablespoons.
- Cut second orange in half and squeeze about 2 tablespoons of juice into frosting.
- With mixer, blend 4 minutes or until mixed well.
- When cake is completely cool frost with blood orange frosting and enjoy.
Fold in Dry ingredients, grated carrots and orange zest. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt and the sugar until combined. Whisk in the eggs, orange zest, juice and vanilla extract. Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut.