Blueberry Banana Bread 🍌🍞. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add creamed mixture, beating just until combined. This blueberry banana bread turns out tender and flavorful every time. The blueberries are the perfect addition. You can have Blueberry Banana Bread 🍌🍞 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Banana Bread 🍌🍞
- You need 2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare Stick of Unsalted Butter at room temperature.
- You need 4 of Ripe Bananas, lightly mashed.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of Fresh Blueberries.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 Orange.
We like this served in thick slices with a big smear of salted butter. There are so many reasons to love this blueberry banana bread. It's moist, sweet and such a treat. It delivers a double dose of fruit.
Blueberry Banana Bread 🍌🍞 step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper..
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a large bowl, toss the blueberries with about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture, set them aside as well..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and orange zest and whisk to combine. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and mix to combine..
- Add the dry ingredients and mix in while adding in the milk, mix until you have a smooth batter. Add in the blueberry mixture and mix it together long enough to incorporate everything but making sure the blueberries don’t burst..
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about one hour or until fully cooked through. Allow it to cool before serving.
- Notes- can use frozen berries, just thaw them out first..
Oats add a texture boost, and it's almost always an option to make this recipe. Because this loaf is made with Bisquick™, and just a few other basic ingredients. So next time you find yourself with a bunch of brown bananas, mix up a loaf of this. It's simple banana bread, it basic but I'm going to adopt this recipe for blueberry and non-blueberry banana bread. I added Lemon zest (of one lemon) and it really added extra depth!