Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in medium bowl. Place eggs, granulated sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in large bowl; mix with an electric mixer on low until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
I always couple my Carrot Cake with an American inspired Cream Cheese Frosting. Whisk the sugar, oil and eggs until combined. This spiced carrot cake is what some people would call a hug on a plate. You can have Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need of Carrot Cake.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cup of carrots, grated.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Lovely warming spices, in a delicious cake and finished with a sweet cream cheese frosting. Related: Carrot Cake Recipes in Every Form, From Cupcakes to Cookies. Molly Yeh's Carrot Cake with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. Have your cake and eat your veggies too, with this moist, nicely spiced carrot cake.
Spiced Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Grease and flour a 13×9 inch baking pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Then blend in sugars until fully incorporated..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves..
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture until well combined..
- Stir in carrots. Add pecans last..
- Pour into baking pan and bake 40-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean..
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy..
- Frost the cooled carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and enjoy or refrigerate until ready to eat!.
It's flavorful enough on its own, but topped with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting it makes for a no-fuss dessert fit for any celebration. In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; beat into egg mixture. This easy spiced carrot cake with cream cheese is very moist and perfectly balanced with the nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. The sweet cream cheese frosting pairs well with the cake, giving it a smooth texture in looks and taste.