BEST Carrot Cake. I just have to say I initially signed up to review this recipe! It really is the best carrot cake ever! I made this cake on a Sunday afternoon and it was gone by Tuesday morning!.
Stir in the carrots, pineapple, raisins and walnuts. Classic old-fashioned carrots cake often include pineapple. While ours doesn't include any, this recipe works well with it. You can cook BEST Carrot Cake using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BEST Carrot Cake
- Prepare 1 of ~CAKE BATTER~.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of grated carrot.
- You need 1 of (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained.
- It’s 1 of (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (I used a 1/2 cup of each) Also have about a 1 cup of nuts to decorate over cake.
- You need 1 of ~BUTTERMILK GLAZE~.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of ~CREAM CHEESE FROSTING~.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- Prepare 1 of (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1 of (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 3 cup of sifted powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Truly our best-ever carrot cake recipe, make this classic favorite for a crowd and you might not have any leftovers to bring home. For more flavor, try toasting the nuts and coconut before adding them to the batter. It's important to cool the cakes completely before frosting, otherwise the frosting will just melt right off. You can't go wrong with this BEST EVER carrot cake!
BEST Carrot Cake instructions
- Line 3 (9-inch) round cakepans with wax paper or parchment paper; lightly grease and flour paper. Set pans aside..
- Stir together first 4 ingredients..
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cakepans..
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake..
- ●BUTTERMILK GLAZE●.
- ●Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in large saucepan over medium – high heat. Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.●.
- ●CREAM CHEESE FROSTING●.
- ●Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sifted powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.●.
- For your finishing touches; you can chop 1 cup of a mixture of pecan and walnut pieces and sprinkle atop and on the sides of the cake..
Full of fresh carrots, sweet and savory spices, crunchy pecans with the most creamiest, cream cheese frosting. This cake is going to become your favorite go-to cake for all things. This recipe for The Best Carrot Cake is wonderfully moist, tender and easy to make. It's covered in a homemade cream cheese frosting for the perfect, classic cake. And with so many ways to make this recipe your own, it's seriously the best carrot cake around!