Old Fashioned Carrot Cake. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, carrots, cream cheese and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to carrot mixture. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.
CAKE: In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar and oil; mix well. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg, and beat into egg mixture. Old-Fashioned Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting A pleasingly moist cake, this treat is the one I requested that my mom make each year for my birthday. You can have Old Fashioned Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Carrot Cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of icing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- It’s 2 of 8 oz blocks of cream cheese (room temperature).
- You need 3 1/2 of to 4 cups powdered sugar.
It's dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. The fluffy buttery frosting is scrumptious with chopped walnuts stirred in. This recipe has been a favorite in our family for three generations. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm.
Old Fashioned Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat oil and sugar, then add eggs. Beat until mixed..
- Add the rest of the cake ingredients in the order given and beat for 1 minute..
- Pour cake batter into two greased 9 inch round cake pans..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes, then loosen edges with butter knife and invert cake onto plate or wire rack to finish cooling. Once completely cool, stack one cake on the other and frost..
- Icing: mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth, then add sugar a little at a time until smooth and desired consistency. Spread on cooled cake..
Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! I can make this cake and it won't last two days. It is one of those cakes that makes you close your eyes and say "Mmmm" with every bite. Freshly grated carrots, crushed pineapple and golden raisins make up the two cake layers which are covered in a delicious Cream Cheese frosting topped with lightly toasted walnuts. Leave in pan and set on cooling rack, or invert onto wire rack to cool.