Home Made Chicken Soup. Your basic chicken soup recipe found in most general cook books. It is the old reliable of chicken soup recipes. I appreciated the hint to cut the carrots, celery and onions in half.
Put the bones and carcass from a leftover chicken (they can be in pieces) in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook. Discover recipes for soothing chicken soup, like Ina's version with hearty matzo balls. You can have Home Made Chicken Soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Home Made Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1 of Whole Chicken.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Carrots.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Celery.
- You need 1 packages of Noodles.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Pettie diced tomatoes.
These recipes are perfect for chilly evenings. Chicken soup is one of the most-loved soups of all time. Try our chicken soup recipes for chicken noodle soup, chicken vegetable soup, chicken corn chowder, chicken rice soup, slow cooker chicken chili, curry chicken soup and more. Bring to a boil over high heat,.
Home Made Chicken Soup instructions
- Place chicken in large pot with the onion cut in half (onion is for taste). You can dice a onion if your family likes onion..
- Fill pot with water, so it covers the top of the chicken. Add salt and pepper..
- Boil the chicken for 30 – 40 min..
- While chicken is boiling, cut up carrots and celery..
- After chicken is done, remove from pot and set aside to cool. Add carrots and celery to broth to cook. Add can of tomatoes..
- Once chicken is cool remove from bone. Add the chicken back to broth with the package of noodles..
- Cook soup until noodles are done. Then enjoy!.
- You may have to add more salt and peper for your taste. May have to add some chicken broth, depending on your noodles and how much broth you like..
Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a large pot. Add remaining Broth ingredients, then add enough water so the chicken is just covered (too much water = weak broth). Cover with lid, bring the water to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Then adjust heat so it's simmering GENTLY with the lid on.