Blueberry Banana Bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Blueberry Banana Bread Blueberries and bananas combine in these tender, golden loaves. Whether you enjoy a slice as a snack or for breakfast, this bread is so flavorful, you won't need butter. —Sandy Flick, Toledo, Ohio Blueberry Banana Bread This blueberry banana bread turns out tender and flavorful every time. The blueberries are the perfect addition. You can have Blueberry Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Banana Bread
- Prepare 4 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 1 of medium egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 240 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 60 g of blueberries.
We like this served in thick slices with a big smear of salted butter. It's simple banana bread, it basic but I'm going to adopt this recipe for blueberry and non-blueberry banana bread. I added Lemon zest (of one lemon) and it really added extra depth! Very delicious and easy to make.
Blueberry Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan).
- Using a hand blender blend three bananas in a large bowl until smooth in texture.
- Add the egg, oil and vanilla extract and blend again until fully incorporated and bubbly.
- Using a wooden spoon fold in the self raising flour, baking powder, salt and blueberries.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and scoop your mixture into the tin smoothing out the top.
- Cut your remaining banana in half and place on top with the inside of the banana facing outwardly.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, leave to cool on a rack and then serve and enjoy.
Press a few additional blueberries into the top of the banana bread if desired to garnish. Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread is the best way to use up those browned bananas. Fresh blueberries are a wonderful addition and go nicely with the banana. This recipe is a great way to use over ripe bananas. The riper they are, the moister and more flavorful the bread will be.