Strawberry banana bread. Whisk together the oil, eggs, vanilla and zest. Fold in the bananas and strawberries. Fold the oil mixture into the flour mixture until just combined (it's OK if there are some lumps).
Bread is always a warm and delicious snack to have. Banana bread is probably the most popular quick bread, with more recipes floating around than there are stars in the sky. This recipe ups the ante by adding mashed strawberry to the mix. You can have Strawberry banana bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry banana bread
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 3 of ripe bananas, mashed.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries chopped & tossed in 1 Tbsp of flour.
Bonus: There's no mixer required for this simple but satisfying bread. Stir in the mashed bananas, oil and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture a third at a time and mix until just combined. How to Make Strawberry Banana Bread To make this banana strawberry bread, simply mix together the dry ingredients before adding in the wet.
Strawberry banana bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray two 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, using a KitchenAid Stand Mixerwith paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy..
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined..
- Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! Fold in floured covered strawberries..
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans..
Stir in the mashed bananas and the diced strawberries before turning the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to blend together the bananas, butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then add this to the wet mix and use a wooden spoon to mix until just combined. Allow the Strawberry Banana Bread to cool first, then tightly wrap as a whole loaf or individual slices with plastic wrap.