Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest. The Sweet were also a force to be reckoned with in pure rock music terms too. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist Andy Scott, and drummer.
Among its members were Mick Tucker. You can cook Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings
- It’s 24 of pieces chicken wings.
- You need 3/4 cup of sweet & spicy barbecue sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil for frying.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hot sauce (Louisiana or hot sauce of your choice).
Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings instructions
- Wash & pat dry chicken. Season with onion powder, paprika, black pepper, chili and red pepper flakes. Cover & refrigerate, if not cooking right away..
- Combine barbecue sauce, sweet chili sauce, butter, hot sauce and brown sugar in a small sauce pan. Heat on low until smooth. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, heat oil..
- Lightly dredge wings in flour. Fry until golden brown..
- Drain cooked wings on paper towel. Keep warm and pour sauce all over wings. Mix well to coat each piece evenly..
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with buttermilk or pepper corn ranch with a side of fresh veggies. Enjoy!.
- Note: I purposely left out the salt, since all the sauces & spices are enough to really highlight the chicken. Trust me, you won't need or miss it at all in this recipe..