Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup. Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the coconut milk and stir well until the curry paste is evenly distributed. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Red Curry Thai Noodle Soup Ingredients: onion, garlic, ginger, cauliflower, red bell pepper, zucchini, red curry paste, coconut aminos, vegetable broth, coconut milk, rice noodles, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, coconut sugar, salt and pepper. Ingredient notes and substitutions Don't be deterred by the ingredient list. You can have Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
- You need 1 of large bunch Bok Choy, white stems separated from green leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of grated peeled fresh ginger.
- You need 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (use mild or spicy, according to preference). Medium works best with this dish. I used a jar of Trader Joe's Red Curry Simmer Sauce!.
- You need 1 of small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Asian fish sauce (don't skip this ingredient!! I use the Vietnamese versions)).
- You need 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 (13 ounce) of can of full fat coconut milk.
- You need Half of teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste.
- Prepare 8 ounces of Vermicelli (Angel Hair or similar) rice noodles.
- Prepare 3 of limes, 2 juiced, one cut into wedges.
- You need 1/4 Cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Prepare of Shrimp or Scallops (see note in introduction).
You want to make sure not to burn the garlic so keep the temperature at medium heat. Stir in the liquids, which includes both the vegetable broth and the coconut milk. This red curry noodle soup with crispy tofu is packed tons of hearty vegetables and rice noodles for a flavorful and spicy cold weather meal! Ingredients of Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup.
Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup instructions
- Slice the Bok Choy stems into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the leaves into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. (If using regular pot, instructions are the same.) Add the sweet potato and the white stems of the Bok Choy, along with the stock. Bring to a simmer and add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about one minute..
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt, cover, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes (or if using a regular pot: 45 minutes on medium heat)).
- Meanwhile, cook the Vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions..
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and stir in the Bok Choy greens until wilted. Add the lime juice and more salt to taste..
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup on top, garnishing with the cilantro and lime wedges.
In addition to the noodles, this soup includes tofu, red onion, orange pepper, and green beans, although the veggies can be easily swapped. With just the broth, this soup is a clear and light. Better than takeout, this vegan Thai red curry noodle soup with winter vegetables is layered with warm, spicy, and comforting aromatic flavors. If you fancy something a little bit different for dinner, yet quick and easy to prepare, this rice noodle soup is definitely something you should try. To the large pot, add the bouillon cubes, boiling water, coconut milk, soy sauce, sambal, and bell pepper.