Banana Maple Oat Mini-Muffins. Maple-Sweetened Banana Oat Mini Muffins If you LOVE banana bread, this healthy banana bread muffin will become a new favorite in your family! Sweetened with maple syrup, lots of banana, made with nutritious oats and almond flour these simple, healthy banana mini muffins are something to enjoy with breakfast, snack or any time of day. Flour – Use any flour: oat flour, wheat flour, gluten-free or all-purpose; Sweetener – Honey or maple syrup.
Add the mashed bananas to the egg mixture and stir until completely mixed. Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. You can have Banana Maple Oat Mini-Muffins using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Maple Oat Mini-Muffins
- Prepare 3 of medium banana, over ripe.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 stick of butter, melted.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of skim milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of rolled oats.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of white whole wheat flour.
Sift the flour, oats and baking powder together. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and salt together until pale and fluffy. Fold this mixture and bananas into the flour. In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk.
Banana Maple Oat Mini-Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In standing mixer, mash bananas..
- Mix in, on low speed, all wet ingredients and brown sugar..
- Mix in dry ingredients slowly..
- Line mini muffin pan, fill to tops of liner with batter..
- Drizzle with additional brown sugar, maple syrup, oats and/or thin banana slices. This step is optional but I did this and it turned out great..
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until edges lightly golden brown..
Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. The only difference I did notice was the first batch of these banana oatmeal mini muffins had less banana flavor than the second batch. I also preferred the slightly overripe bananas with more yellow than black on the skin over the ones with more black on the skin than yellow.