Low Carb Banana Protein Chocolate Chip Muffins – ( 4.5 net carbs per muffin). Here is a quick and easy homemade banana chocolate chip keto muffin recipe. If you are looking for a delicious, tasty, and moist muffin for a low carb diet then try this one out. Yummy almond flour keto muffin recipe that is great for a grab and go breakfast for those hectic mornings or just to enjoy a tasty treat.
You'll need to spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray so the muffins do not stick. A delicious breakfast treat; splenda keeps the calories down. Main ingredients are pumpkin and whole wheat flour. You can have Low Carb Banana Protein Chocolate Chip Muffins – ( 4.5 net carbs per muffin) using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Banana Protein Chocolate Chip Muffins – ( 4.5 net carbs per muffin)
- You need of Muffins.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Bob's Red Mill Low Carb Baking Mix (6 net carbs).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of organic steel cut oats (23 net carbs).
- It’s 2 of scoop of Isopure banana or chocolate protein powder (I use this brand because it is so low carb, but there are others out there.) (1 net carbs).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce (5.5 net carbs).
- You need 1/4 cup of non-fat plain, banana or vanilla flavored yogurt (I use 1 tube of Chobani snack size tubes – banana flavor, 7 net carbs).
- You need 2 of large eggs (2 net carbs).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of melted cooled coconut oil or butter (add 4 TBSP to batter and drizzle remaining 2 TBSP evenly into the 12 cups after you have sprayed the pan with non-stick spray) (0 net carbs).
- It’s 1 tbsp of banana flavored emulsion or extract (0 net carbs).
- You need 6 tbsp of ***Hershey sugar-free dark chocolate chips (add to the top of each muffin just before cooking)*** (6 net carbs).
Nuts and raisins could substitute for the chocolate chips. Spray or line a standard muffin pan. In a medium mixing bowl, add bananas, eggs, vanilla and coconut oil. In a separate large size bowl, add flour, sugar substitute, all spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Low Carb Banana Protein Chocolate Chip Muffins – ( 4.5 net carbs per muffin) instructions
- First, mix the dry ingredients together in the order above. Then add liquid ingredients in the order above. If you like, add a banana (24 net carbs) or half of a banana (12 carbs). I removed it from the recipe because I wanted to lower the carb intake. The banana emulsion does a great job of giving these muffins a nice banana flavor, so a real banana isn't necessarily unless you want to add a little potassium to your diet, which is always good for LC dieters. Those on a LC diet seem to lack potassium, so a banana can help with that, but so can supplements. Mix with electric beater. Spray non-stick cooking spray into 12 cup muffin pan. Coat it well because muffins will stick otherwise. Add batter about 1/2 way full in each cup then add chocolate chips to top. Cook at 400°F for 15-18 min. Test with toothpick around 15 min. The 15-16 min mark works for me. Be sure to refrigerate after you make these. The protein mskes them smell a little weird if you don't and besides, they taste so much.
- You can play with the ingredients a bit and lower the net carb intake even more. Trial and error. Sometimes they will come out brown depending on what type of protein powder you use. If you use chocolate will be much more dark, but still taste great for LC. Because they are loaded with protein, they are a great on-the-go breakfast meal..
Healthy banana muffins with chocolate chips for a little indulgence. The greek yogurt adds protein and keeps the muffins moist. You'll love these easy banana muffins — made without butter or refined sugar. This is the only banana muffin recipe you'll ever need! Unlike traditional chocolate chip muffins, this differs considerably- It doesn't contain any grains, sugar, butter, oil, processed fillers or margarine, but you'd never be able to tell!