Banana bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can cook Banana bread using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana bread
- You need 200 g of sugar.
- It’s 220 g of butter.
- Prepare 15 g of baking powder.
- Prepare 5 g of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 5 g of vanilla essence.
- You need 5 of overripe bananas (1 for topping).
- You need 350 g of plain flour.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 200’C.
- Mix all the ingredients except bananas and flour..
- In a separate dish mash all the bananas but keep one for the topping..
- Add bananas to cake mix and mix through..
- Sieve your plain four and gradually add to mixture..
- In a greased cake tin pour your mixture into it. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Place a shallow dish with an inch worth of water at the bottom of the oven..
- Bake the loaf for 20min at 200’C..
- Lower oven to 180’C and bake for further 40 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let cool..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.