Sourdough Banana Bread. Use fresh Sourdough Starter to make delicious Banana Bread your family will love. Moist, rich, and delicious, banana bread is great for breakfast, snack, or dessert. Sourdough banana bread is put together like a regular quick bread but it uses a cup of sourdough starter to replace part of the flour and liquid from a traditional banana bread recipe.
Buckwheat, spelt and gram flour work in this batter. Most common banana bread recipes are leavened using a chemical leavener like baking powder or baking soda. Which is fine, it can make some delicious. You can cook Sourdough Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Banana Bread
- It’s 113 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 40 g of condensed milk.
- It’s 1 of large egg (70g).
- It’s 1 tsp of dark rum or vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of unfed sourdough starter(room temperature).
- It’s 3 of bananas, mashed.
- You need 240 g of all purposes flour, sifted.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
Sourdough Banana Bread recipe is an easy and delicious way to use up sourdough starter in a not too sweet banana bread. Topped with cinnamon sugar, this just may be the most perfect breakfast. Make this naturally leavened sourdough banana bread recipe! From Sourdough starter to Banana bread!
Sourdough Banana Bread instructions
- Grease and flour 8 nonstick rectangle carbon steel muffin pan (5.5*9cm) or 8*5 inch loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda then sifted..
- Cream together the butter with sugar. Add egg, and rum (vanilla). Mix in the condensed milk, sourdough starter and mashed bananas..
- Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix. (Or you will have tough bread!).
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch bread pan. Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean..
- Cool completely prior to slicing..
- So moist and yummy!.
How Long does Sourdough Banana Bread Last? Since this recipe makes just one loaf, it certainly doesn't last very long here. I could probably eat the entire loaf by myself in a couple of days! Sourdough banana bread is a huge hit in my house and one of the most loved recipes on my site. I converted my grandma's recipe years ago and my kids devour this sourdough banana bread recipe.