Banana bread. This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor! Friends and family love my recipe and say it's by far the best! Moist and delicious banana bread recipe.
Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style raised breads. Banana bread first became a standard feature of American cookbooks with the popularization of. You can cook Banana bread using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana bread
- You need Half of cup or 70 grams of walnuts or almonds;chopped and roasted.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of or 230 grams of white flour.
- Prepare 150 g of or 3/4 cup white sugar or (100g white and 50g brown sugar).
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of or 113g melted cooled butter.
- You need 300-454 g of ripe banana (7 to 8 bananas).
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon (about a medium sized lemon).
See how to make the best banana bread. Month after month, this banana bread recipe is the most viewed on Allrecipes. An hour of waiting while your. With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the best ever banana bread recipe.
Banana bread instructions
- Preheat the oven @ 180 degrees Celsius. (15 mins before you intend to put the bread in the oven)..
- Line the loaf tins ahead of time too with some butter paper after putting oil on them. This recipe fills about two medium loaf tins..
- Roast the nuts. You can put them on a baking sheet and roast them for 8 to 10 minutes or you could do the same in a non stick pan without any oil. Then chop them with a knife or put them in the blender and grind untill they turn into flakes..
- Take the bananas and mash them with a fork. Add the lemon..
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon..
- Sift these. Then add the nuts. (be sure to add the nuts in the dry ingredients).
- Beat the melted butter and sugar well. (You can melt the butter in a double boiler). The sugar used is the normal sugar, not the powdered one..
- Beat the eggs and salt in a separate bowl untill fluffy. ((If you dont wanna include the cinnamon in the recipe, add a dash of vanilla essence but cinnamon is MUCH preferred)).
- Add the butter sugar mixture to the eggs in a big bowl. Add the bananas and lemon and beat very lightly..
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula. (Dont over mix and dont keep the mixture for too long either as you've added the baking soda)..
- Scoop the mixture about halfway in the loaf tins. You can add some banana slices or nuts on the top for decoration..
- Bake @ 180 degrees Celsius or 350 F for about 30 minutes in the second rack of the oven and then check with a toothpick. For the bread to be completely done, the toothpick should come out clean..
- In the end, once it's almost baked, after sort of about 30 mins, shift it to the middle or the fourth rack and turn on the upper grill and give it like 5 mins for some colour to appear on it. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- (This recipe could potentially take you longer than 30 minutes depending on the size of the loaf so checking with a toothpick is crucial)..
- Glaze the top of the bread with butter or butter plus jam as soon as it's done for added softness..
This banana bread was really good! I wish it had more banana flavor though (my bananas were This is my go-to banana bread recipe. It's easy to make and always a hit. This is an easy banana bread recipe that gives perfect results every time. Be sure to use really ripe bananas – the blacker the better.