Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar or demerara.
- It’s 2 medium of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of bakin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of self-raising flour.
- It’s 1 of orange or satsuma juice and zest.
- Prepare 1 of -2 cups finely grated carrot.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- cream butter and sugars in a bowl till soft.
- mix in eggs one at a time then add the orange juice and zest.
- then add the baking powder and cinnamon and stir in.
- stir in both flours a bit at a time and then add the carrot.
- pour into a cake tin or cases for individual cakes. put into pre-heated oven and bake till risen and springs bake when touched or till scewer comes out clean.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.