Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oats.
- It’s 4 of Over ripe bananas.
- It’s ½ cup of Jaggery: grated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s of Walnuts: ¼ cup (optional).
- It’s of Chocolate chips: 1/4 cup (optional).
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line a loaf tin with paper and grease the sides..
- In a grinder add the 4 over ripe bananas and jaggery. Puree the bananas and sugar together to a smooth liquid..
- Take out the banana puree in a big mixing bowl. Add half cup of oil and vanilla essence. Mix it all together very well, using a spatula or a wooden spoon..
- Now sieve, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt directly on the banana mixture all in one go. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together using the cut and fold method..
- This mixture is going to be a thick batter. But if you find it too thick you can add a few tablespoons of milk or water..
- Now add the oats chocolate chips and walnuts and mix it again. Save some chocolate chips and walnuts for the top..
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin, sprinkle chocolate and walnuts; and bake for 30 minutes or till the cake is cooked. (Test by putting a skewer in the center if it comes out clean the cake is cooked). 8. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices and serve..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.