Easy banana pecan muffins. Cut two of the bananas into pieces and place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the brown sugar and whip on medium high speed for around three minutes or until pretty smooth. Beat butter and sugar together at medium speed until light and fluffy.
These healthy muffins pack a major protein punch and they are loaded with warm flavors of banana and cinnamon. Chopped pecans add a delicate crunch and pair beautifully with the sweetness from the banana. How should I bake the Banana Pecan muffins? You can cook Easy banana pecan muffins using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy banana pecan muffins
- You need 3 of bananas.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter (i used margarine).
- You need 2 of dash cinnamon.
- You need 1 of dash nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 1 of pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of muffin pan.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. This easy banana muffin recipe starts with overripe bananas which are mixed with butter (instead of oil), egg and sugar.
Easy banana pecan muffins step by step
- Mash up bananas in a medium sized bowl.
- Add butter , egg , sugar, salt , cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder blend until smooth.
- Mix in pecans..
- Spay your pan with non stick spray. Scoop 2 big tablespoons of mix in each of the muffin pan holes. There will be a little bit left just distribute it evenly..
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Might want to check at 15 minutes depending on your oven. Center should be clean and tops should be slightly brown..
- Make some coffee and enjoy!.
- Makes 12 large muffins. I stored mine in ziplock sandwich bags..
Using butter in place of oil produces the perfect crumb and loads of flavor. These muffins are topped with the most delicious sweet pecan crunch streusel topping. Directions In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.