Great Grandma's Carrot Cake. This recipe has been a favorite in our family for three generations. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!!
Add cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar into a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using a hand mixer. Spread frosting on top of each cake layer. Stack the cakes on a serving plate and serve. You can have Great Grandma's Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Great Grandma's Carrot Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs beaten.
- It’s 3 cup of Grated carrots.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Oil.
- It’s of Icing.
- You need 8 oz of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1 lb of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
Great Grandma's Carrot Cake I have been eating this cake since I was a toddler and it remains the gold standard for me. Grandma's Old Fashioned Carrot Cake is a deliciously classic recipe full of carrots, cinnamon, pecans, and raisins. It is sweetened with a little crushed pineapple, which also keeps the cake moist and tender. The Cream Cheese Buttercream is my favorite.
Great Grandma's Carrot Cake instructions
- Set out butter and cream cheese to soften..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Pour beaten eggs over dry ingredients, do not stir..
- Add oil and beat until combined then add carrots and best until throughly distributed..
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake for 40 – 45 minutes..
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until blended then slowly add powdered sugar until all sugar is added and icing is smooth. Add desired amount of nuts..
- Ice the cake about 10 – 15 minutes after baking to allow icing to melt and set properly..
- Allow cake to cool and serve..
With only FOUR INGREDIENTS it is easy to whip up and is super delicious. The story goes that George was served a Carrot Tea Cake at Fraunces Tavern in lower Manhattan, NY. The recipe for the Carrot Tea Cake is very similar to my Grandmother's recipe. Simply put, carrots, eggs, oil, sugar, cinnamon… pretty much in line with a classic carrot cake. Grandma Irby in the Kitchen "Moist, tender carrot cake recipe made from scratch the way grandma makes it!