Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sifted flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of salad oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple with juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded carrot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 packages of Cream cheese frosting.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add ingredients and mix on medium.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spray two 9" round cake pans with non stick spray.
- Divide mixture between both pans.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool; frost the top of one round, then place the other round on top and frost the top and sides.
- Sprinkle walnuts over top for garnish (optional).
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.