Banana bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. You can have Banana bread using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana bread
- It’s 240 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3-4 of over ripe bananas.
- You need 100 g of raisins and crushed almonds (can be any dried fruit or nuts).
Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
Banana bread step by step
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees.
- Mash the bananas.
- Beat in egg, oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix in the dried fruit / nuts.
- Line a baking tin and bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Allow to cool. Serve with butter 😋.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.