Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup. Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup. 🤔 Anyway, not many Americans are aware of the true origins of traditional Chinese Hot & Sour Soup. This specific soup was initially created out of absolute necessity. Early on, it consisted ONLY of older Chinese kitchen table scraps.
Here is how you achieve that. Reminds me of the soup that my parents used to make at our restaurant. The basic hot and sour soup recipe is a thickened broth, seasoned with white pepper and chili, flavored with white or black rice vinegar and soy sauce, and containing egg, fragrant mushroom pieces, ginger, and bamboo shoots, tofu, and meat (pork or poultry). You can have Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup
- It’s of ● For The Hot & Sour Soup.
- It’s 5 Cups of Chicken Or Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Precooked Shreaded Chicken, Beef Or Pork [packed].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Bamboo Shoots [drained – thin sliced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [drained – minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Shiitake Mushrooms [small chop – or, white & brown].
- Prepare 6 oz of Firm Tofu [1/2" chop].
- You need 2 tsp of Fine Minced Fresh Ginger.
- It’s 1 of [or 2 – your call] LG Eggs [beaten].
- You need 2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Sriracha Chile Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need of ● For The Thickener.
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tbs Water [more if you want her more viscous].
- It’s of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Chives [minced].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- It’s as needed of Thai Chilies [fine minced – optional].
- You need as needed of Crispy Chow Mein Noodles.
- It’s as needed of Soy Sauce.
- It’s as needed of Chile Sauce.
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Dried Roasted Nori [aka dried seaweed – rough chopped].
It is often found on the menu of Chinese restaurants. Chinese hot and sour soup 酸辣湯 is a traditional northern Chinese favorite packed with the acidity of Zhenjiang vinegar, the spiciness of the white pepper and the nuttiness of sesame oil. It contains a make-at-home version of the restaurant's hot-and-sour soup. It's not quite the same — the restaurant.
Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup step by step
- Chop your veggies. Heat everything in the Hot & Sour Soup section for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. At 20 minutes in, add your whisked egg[s] and stir constantly until eggs are fully cooked. Then, while soup is at a steady simmer, add your corn starch and water mixture slowly. She'll thicken up quickly as she bubbles away. Add more corn starch and water if you'd like her a bit thicker. ● P.S., this is the actual color of soup below. The kiddos somehow ended up taking darker faced photos upon down lighting with the other pictures..
- Brown, white, oyster or Shiitake mushrooms really do make this dish! Your choice! Just dice!.
- For The Sides & Garnishments. Thai Chilies, fresh Cilantro leaves and chopped Chives..
- Dried Roasted Nori. To taste. Definitely consider this addition!.
- Fresh crunchy Chow Mein Noodles are always a must atop this flavorful dish!.
- Top view..
- Serve Hot & Sour Soup with the fresh garnishments listed. Especially the fresh Cilantro. It really does make the dish! Serve soup piping hot with fresh, crunchy Chow Mein Noodles and Soy Sauce. Enjoy!.
Find the best Hot Soup near you on Yelp – see all Hot Soup open now and reserve an open table. Hot-and-sour soup is a Chinese takeout staple, but one that's especially easy and tasty when made at home. Recipe notes: This soup can be made vegetarian by replacing the pork with more tofu. To see what Kham Luong says is the essence of traditional Chinese hot and sour soup, all you have to do is dip your. You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup!