Brownies. Classic chocolate brownies, blond brownies, peanut butter brownies, and even vegan brownies. Videos The right ingredients make this decadent classic healthier, but every bit as delicious: Pureed sweet potatoes add moisture, sweetness, and a fudgy consistency; whole-wheat flour is a perfect choice for dense, bold-flavored brownies; natural, unsweetened cocoa powder packs far more antioxidant power than other forms of chocolate. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow.
Everyone loves these peanut butter chocolate chip brownies. It's hard to eat just one! —Taste. Remove from heat, add the eggs and vanilla. You can have Brownies using 21 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brownies
- It’s of For Brownies:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, lightly whisked to combine.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of For ganche:.
- It’s 8 ounces of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of coarse salt.
- Prepare of For Buttercream:.
- Prepare 1 c of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 c of butter flavored crisco.
- Prepare 4.5 c of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 of fluid ozs(1/2c) heavy cream.
From traditional chocolate brownies and peanut butter swirl creations to frosted brownies, Irish cream brownies—and yes, even brownies on a stick—Betty has every recipe you need to bake a batch of must-try brownies today. Brownies are easy to overbake so keep an eye on the doneness of the brownies and use the visual and toothpick test as your guide. Cool completely then remove from pan. Since posting our decadent Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies a couple of years ago, some of you have been commenting that those are the best brownies you've ever tasted while also asking me about doubling that recipe to bake them in a larger pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9-inch pan and line it with parchment paper, leaving at least 1 inch of overhang on the sides..
- In a medium heat safe bowl, combine the butter, oil, and chocolate. Place over a small pot of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is fully melted and combined. Let cool slightly..
- Add the sugars to the chocolate mixture and beat well to combine. Add the eggs a little at a time, mixing fully to incorporate before adding in the vanilla. Take off the heat. Add the vanilla..
- Add the flour and salt and mix to combine; beat well to ensure there are no flour pockets, but do not overmix..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until moist, clumpy crumbs appear when you insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. I used a heart shape cookie cutter to make this recipe..
- For the Ganache:.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate. Coarsely chopping it helps melt it more quickly and evenly..
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over chocolate, and add salt. Let stand for 10 minutes (don't stir doing so, will cool the ganache too quickly it will make it grainy)..
- Stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny..
- Chocolate will often settle on the bottom or sides of the bowl. Scrape the dish to make sure it is fully incorporated. (Make sure the ganache is not to hot or to cold.).
- Lay the heart shapped brownies on top of a rack with a pan underneath it to catch the ganache that drips off of the brownies..
- Pour the ganache over the brownies making sure you cover the whole brownie in ganache..
- Let the brownies sit while you make the buttercreme..
- For the buttercreme:.
- Cream shortening and room temperature unsalted butter untill it is creamy and fluffy..
- Add confectioner sugar and continue creaming till combined and it is well mixed..
- Add salt and vanilla and the whipping cream blend on low. Add a little more whipping cream if it is to thick for what u plan on using. Be careful because you dont want to add to much and it be soupy. If u add more no more than 2 ozs. A tiny bit at a time.(you will have left overs. I plan on using my left overs for a different recipe).
- Color the icing with food coloring for icing. Dont use the liquid kind. It will make your icing too liquidy..
- Then decorate as you want write things on it, use sprinkles and other edible decorations. If you have decorating tips and decorating bags use those and make borders and flowers. Also you could use caramel drizzle that on top of the hearts. You could use fruit etc..
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix oil and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended. For crispier crusts and edges on brownies, use a metal pan.