Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare 2 c of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 c of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 6 of large carrot ground fine.
- Prepare 1 c of black walnut pieces.
- You need 1/2 c of raisins.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of Icing.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- You need 1 stick of Land O Lakes butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 3 cups of Sifted confectioners sugar.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake step by step
- Bring your butter and cheese to room temp..
- Add oil, sugars, vanilla and eggs to mixer bowl. Beat till well combined. Add combined dry ingredients 1/2 at a time. Beat well..
- Mix in carrots, nuts, and raisins by hand. Pour into greased or foil lined 8×10 “ pan..
- Bake 350 for 35-40 min..
- For icing: cream butter and cheese till fluffy. Add Sifted powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Add vanilla. Cream till incorporated and fluffy..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.