Egg Drop Soup. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture. Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.
Stir gently while you pour in the egg and yellow food coloring if using. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. You can cook Egg Drop Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 2 of big packages of liptons chicken noodle soup.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1 of tsp garlic herb spice.
- You need 1 of tsp grated parmesan cheese (optional).
- It’s 1 of tsp hot sauce (optional).
- You need 8 of cups water.
Bring soup stock, grated ginger and soy sauce to a boil. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time.
Egg Drop Soup instructions
- In a large saucepan filled with water, put in both packages of soup mix, garlic, spices.
- While waiting for soup to boil; mix ur eggs in a bowl, set aside..
- Once soup is in a roiling boil slowly pour in, little by little, the egg mixture..
- Continue to boil for 5-8 minutes.
Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, is a really basic boiled chicken broth soup, and in its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onions. Other ingredients are added to taste—like tofu, corn, or bean sprouts—and each cook has a take on the classic. In a large pot over medium heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together then whisk into broth.