Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need 1 cup of wholemeal flour.
- You need 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 can of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs (beaten).
- It’s 3 cup of grated carrots.
- It’s 250 grams of cream cheese.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter softened.
- Prepare 2 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the oil then the eggs and carrots. Mix well..
- Preheat oven 180c.
- Put batter into a 23 round spring form tin and bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean..
- Cream cheese icing. Add pot of cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla and mix well . ice the cake once cooled..
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.