classic carrot cake. In a large bowl, beat eggs, carrots, sugars, oil, drained pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and buttermilk until blended. How to make Carrot Cake Begin by soaking the currants in hot water to plump them up, then drain. You can have classic carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of classic carrot cake
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
Combine the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. This Classic Carrot Cake recipe comes directly from our Mom's cookbook. This recipe is part of my childhood, part of our family's history. The hearty, moist cake is chock full of delicious coconut, pineapple, shredded carrots, nuts and cinnamon.
classic carrot cake step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- drain pineapple reseveing 2 tbsps of the juice. you may discard the rest or save for another use.
- in a large bowl combine all dry ingredients..
- add eggs, oil, pineapple, carrots and reserved juice blend with a mixer on med speed until combined..
- stir in walnuts.
- transfer to a greased and floured 13×9 baking dish or to 9 inch baking pans bake 35 to 40 minuted.
- cool on wire racks leave in pan 10 minutes the remove if using the round pans.
- I top this cake off with cream cheese frosting and then press more chopped walnut on the top..
- look for my cream cheese frosting recipie!.
The cream cheese frosting is light, fluffy, perfection. The natural sweetness and beautiful color of carrots make them the star ingredient in this easy carrot cake recipe. This homemade carrot cake is crowned with an irresistibly sweet-and-tangy cream cheese frosting. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, buttermilk and vanilla.