Turkey Carcass Soup. Remove the turkey carcass and remove and chop any remaining turkey meat. Directions Place the turkey carcass, onion, quartered carrot, bay leaf and thyme in a large pot. Place the turkey carcass in a large, deep pot, and add the stuffing, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, sage, and chicken broth.
Add the turkey meat and hot pepper sauce. Adjust seasonings, and heat the soup to boiling. Sprinkle the soup with parsley just before serving. You can have Turkey Carcass Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Carcass Soup
- It’s 1 of Turkey carcass (meaty) and all bones.
- It’s 6 of Chicken bullion cubes.
- It’s 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 5 of stalks Celery, sliced.
- It’s 1 of bag Carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of tsp. each, Thyme, Dill weed, Pepper.
- You need 1 of tbl. Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 of bag Egg Noodles.
Which kind of turkey would you like in the recipe? Turkey Meat Turkey Stock Turkey Broth Turkey Sausage Any Type of Turkey. Break the turkey carcass apart at the joints where you can, in order to be able to fit it into the soup pot. Remove all the skin and fatty parts as well.
Turkey Carcass Soup step by step
- Place carcass and bones in large pot, add water just to cover. Add chicken cubes. Boil gently 2 hrs., until falling apart. Remove all solids and set aside to cool..
- To broth add all vegs. and spices..
- Boil gently until carrots are al dente. Add noodles. Cover and boil gently until noodles are al dente..
- Meanwhile, pick all usable meat from cooled bones..
- Add meat to pot and turn off heat. Uncover. Adjust seasonings..
Place the turkey pieces into a large stock pot. Add the onion, the carrots and the celery stalks (if you have the leafy tops those are amazing for flavour, add them in!). In a large pot, combine carcass, celery, carrots, onion, bay leaf and water and bring to a simmer. Strain and discard vegetables and bones. Directions In a stock pot, place turkey carcass, water and broth.