Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins. Healthy Whole Wheat Banana and Date Muffins recipe that are moist and super easy to make. Made with oats, bran and chocolate chips, they make a great grab and go breakfast idea. Put the olive oil and honey into big bowl and whisk!
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar, margarine and egg with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in bananas, vanilla, cereal and dates. You can have Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shields Date Crystals.
- You need 1 cup of Mrs. Butterworth's.
- You need 1 cup of Evaporated Milk.
- Prepare 2 each of Eggs.
- You need 1 each of Banana, mashed.
Blend in dry ingredients until just incorporated. Grease muffin pan or use muffin papers. Mix up the flours, flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mash bananas.
Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins instructions
- Combine dry ingredients..
- Melt butter with date crystals. Crystals will not dissolve, but will soften. Stir in syrup..
- Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients..
- Beat together evaporated milk, vanilla and eggs. Beat into main mixture..
- Fold in banana. Mix well..
- Batter should be slightly thicker than a pancake batter, not quite pourable, but spreadable. Add a little evaporated milk if you need to thin it out..
- Distribute batter into a greased muffin pan (I used a silicon muffin mold and it worked pretty great without grease)..
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
Add sugar, egg and melted butter to bananas. These delicious whole wheat banana nut muffins are healthy, wholesome, and satisfying. The perfect breakfast, snack, healthy-ish dessert! These are toddler banana muffins, meaning they are moist banana muffins easy to eat with little hands. Bonus, they are naturally sweetened with honey and ripe banana and made with nutrient-dense whole-wheat flours.