Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 cup of finely grated carrots.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Combine sugar, oil and eggs in stand mixer. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients, mix at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, mix until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 cake pans. Use spatula to move batter from center of pans to the edges.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 1 hour, then frost with Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.