Salted Caramel Apple Cups. Salted Caramel Apple Cups – so good and the perfect fall dessert. They taste like little apple pie bites with a generous crumble on top! I often long to be more adventurous in the kitchen.
Carefully place a dough circle with apple mixture on it into each cup of a sprayed muffin pan. If you like caramel apples this is definitely a recipe you're not going to want to let this Fall season go by without making. Apples and caramel are a classic fall flavor combination and I baked today's cupcakes as an excuse to make salted caramel frosting. You can cook Salted Caramel Apple Cups using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Apple Cups
- You need 12 of Rhodes Dinner Rolls , thawed but still cold.
- Prepare 3 of Granny Smith apples , peeled cored and finely chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of pecans chopped.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter , melted.
- You need of Frosting :.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter , softened.
- Prepare 4 ounces of cream cheese , softened.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar powdered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caramel sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
Luscious, satin-y, and combining the perfect balance of salty and sweet. These apple cupcakes with caramel frosting are delicious. This Salted Caramel Apple Crisp features a juicy apple filling and a buttery crumb topping! We served the Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Bars for dessert and everyone loved them!
Salted Caramel Apple Cups instructions
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray..
- Flatten each roll into a 5-inch circle..
- Combine apples, pecans, brown sugar, spices and butter..
- Place about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture in the center of each dough circle..
- Carefully place a dough circle with apple mixture on it into each cup of a sprayed muffin pan..
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30-45 minutes..
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes or until golden brown..
- Remove from pan to cool slightly and frost..
- For frosting, combine cream cheese with butter..
- Add powdered sugar and mix well..
- Add salt to caramel sauce and stir..
- Add salted caramel sauce to the cream cheese mixture and stir well..
- Frost apple cups while warm..
Fall is in the air Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan. Spread the apple mixture evenly over the bottom crust. This big caramel apple party punch is made with apple juice and ginger ale along with salted caramel syrup The salted caramel syrup gives it a nice caramel apple taste. Optional Garnish: caramel ice cream topping. Salted Caramel Apple Cups – so good and the perfect fall dessert.