Fried Tofu Soup. Heat peanut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove to a platter lined with fresh paper towels. Add sesame oil to the skillet, stir-fry the ginger.
Stir fry remaining vegetables and place them on the noodles. Arrange fried tofu on the vegetables and drizzle a little sesame oil on top of everything. Soak the dry rice vermicelli in hot water. You can have Fried Tofu Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Tofu Soup
- It’s 1 pc of big square tofu.
- You need 1 handful of sliced Asian meatballs (optional).
- Prepare 1 handful of chopped greens (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic sauteed with 1 tsp oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of scallions.
- Prepare 600 ml of water (for the soup).
- You need of Chicken powder, salt and pepper, light soy sauce (to taste).
- You need of Dry rice vermicelli or if you prefer, steamed rice (optional).
- It’s of Hot water for soaking the vermicelli.
In a deep saucepan, bring water to boiling and add boullion cubes to make broth. Next add cubes of tofu, cabbage, and sliced mushroom. Turn heat down and simmer until cabbage is wilted. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat, then carefully add the tofu to the pan, reserving the marinade in the bowl.
Fried Tofu Soup step by step
- Make the tofu earlier: cut the square tofu into 4 triangles, fry until golden brown. Let cool, store in fridge..
- Soak the dry rice vermicelli in hot water. Cover until it's softened. Drain, put in bowls. Season with light soy sauce. Set aside..
- Boil the water, add sauteed garlic, chicken powder, salt and pepper..
- Add tofu and meatballs. Boil for a minute or two. Add the chopped greens and scallions..
- Serve hot over rice vermicelli or steamed rice..
Lower the heat, and leave the tofu to fry on one side until golden. Carefully turn the pieces over and brown on the other side. Repeat, until the tofu is brown and crispy all over, then use a slotted spoon to remove from the heat. Deep-fried tofu is firm so it fits stir-fry or stew dish. I think there are many good recipes for deep-fried tofu in your country too!