Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe. Much like its author, this recipe is a no-fuss classic. Katharine Hepburn Brownies are named after the famous actor. The story goes that gossip columnist Liz Smith got the recipe from the actress to publish in her column.
The story goes that gossip columnist Liz Smith got the recipe from the actress to publish in her column. This brownie recipe appears in countless. Katharine Hepburn brownies are an American classic and so easy to make with everyday pantry ingredients. You can cook Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe
- It’s 1 stick of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
Turns out dark, rich, intense, chewy We first happened upon the Katharine Hepburn brownie recipe—a charmingly old-fashioned brownie recipe—in the article "A Harried Cook's Guide. Learn how to make Katharine Hepburn's brownie recipe, which went viral after a commenter shared a story about how they led to infidelity. Baking Tip: To make these brownies even more delicious, toast the walnuts before chopping. Place the nuts in the oven while it preheats, then remove and chop.
Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter an 8"x 8" baking pan..
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk cocoa powder and melted butter until smooth..
- Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk well..
- Add flour and salt and whisk well..
- Fold in nuts..
- Pour into buttered pan and bake for 40 minutes..
- NOTE:. I made the following adjustments to the original recipe above:. 1) I used 1/2 cup of pecans and 2) I baked for 35 minutes and think it could have been even less cooking time. I'd suggest to start checking at 25 minutes..
Katharine Hepburn's love for chocolate was well documented. But while the four-time Best Actress Oscar winner would openly share her favorite brownies (as well as the recipe). When it comes to brownie recipes, one would usually expect to hear ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs and chocolate. But one woman dished out a most unusual addition – a heavy serving of infidelity. It all started when The New York Times published Katharine Hepburn's Brownies Recipe two years.