Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake. Apple and Carrot Cinnamon Whisky Upside Down Cake. Red Prince Apples are one of our favourite local Ontario winter apple. Located in Thornbury but also grown across Canada in Quebec and the Maritimes.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and sugars until smooth. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined. This version takes the classic upside-down cake and turns it on its head. You can have Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of stevia-sugar blend.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated carrots.
- You need 2 of apple (saved 12 thinly sliced, then minced the remaining).
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice powder.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
Very thinly sliced carrots form the pretty, striped top. It might not have cream cheese frosting, but it's got pizzazz. This is classic carrot cake dressed up for a fancy party. Upgrade your classic Pineapple Upside-Down Cake by adding this unique twist: Carrot Cake.
Upside Down Apple Carrot Cake instructions
- Mix the dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, stevia-sugar blend, baking powder, baking soda salt and allspice..
- Mix separately the eggs and olive oil..
- Gradually pour the dry mixture to the wet mixture..
- Once mixed, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, carrots and minced apples..
- Arrange the apple slices into circular form at the bottom of the mold..
- Pour into a mold and put baked into a preheated oven at 200 degree C, for 30-45 minutes..
- Let it cool for 15 minutes..
- Turn the mold upside-down into a pan..
- (Optional) Add confectioner sugar and more additional shredded carrots for decorations..
Our users loved the easy prep and the huge hit the dessert was with their families. For the caramel topping: Microwave the butter, brown sugar and lemon juice in a small microwave-safe bowl until. The favorite flavors of fall are baked up into this incredibly delicious upside-down cake. Grab a spoon, because you will want to scoop out all the syrupy goodness at the bottom of the pan. Arrange apples in a single layer over brown sugar; layer with walnuts and remaining brown sugar.