Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread. This moist & flavorful orange cranberry bread is packed with orange zest and tart cranberries, topped with cinnamon streusel, and finished with orange glaze. It's one of my favorite quick bread recipes to prepare because it always draws a crowd! This Cranberry Orange Bread is easy to make, super moist, and topped with a delicious orange glaze.
How to make Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread. This is the perfect bread for a festive breakfast or brunch. The citrus compliments the sweetness of the dried. You can cook Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need of Zest of 1 large orange.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, slightly beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of fresh cranberries, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of Orange Glaze Ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- You need 1 tsp of orange zest.
This Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread is almost like a pound cake. It's so tender and moist thanks to the combination of cooking with oil and Greek yogurt. I also added both fresh orange juice and zest making this bread burst with citrus flavors. Using both the zest and juice just gives an extra buzz of.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with baking spray (or grease with butter and coat evenly in flour), set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder..
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture, set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla..
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined..
- Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan..
- Bake for 70-75 min or until toothpick comes out clean. If your loaf starts to go too brown, drape a piece of foil over the top to finish baking..
- Remove bread from oven, place on a cooling rack for 15 min. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack..
- While bread is cooling, prepare the orange glaze: in a small bowl, convince icing sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over bread, cut and serve..
- Store the bread, wrapped on the counter, for 2-3 days. It also freezes well, so I like to cut the loaf into thirds and take out a portion to thaw when preparing for company..
This recipe for Cranberry Orange Bread, originally from Sunset Magazine, is topped with a Grand Marnier flavored glaze. This Cranberry Orange Bread is a sweet quick-cooking loaf bread, not a yeast bread. This recipe is made just as if you were making and baking a loaf of banana bread. Cranberry-Orange Bread with Grand Marnier Glaze. This bread is a versatile, easy-to-make crowd-pleaser, delicately laced with Grand Marnier and studded with tart dried cranberries and orange zest.