Fideo Soup. In large saucepan or stockpot heat the oil or butter. Add pasta and saute until golden, stirring frequently and being careful not to burn. Homemade sopa de fideo (noodle soup) is one of my favorite dishes.
Every kid in Mexico grows up on it and everyone, young and old, still eats it regularly as part of the typical comida. Mexican short noodles (fideos) in a chicken broth flavored with tomato, onion, and serrano pepper for a little kick. Once the broth is done, strain through a colander and into another large pot, reserving the chicken on the side for shredding. You can have Fideo Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fideo Soup
- You need 1 of large bag of fideo noodles.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 slice of onion.
- You need 6 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of chicken flavor.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Desired vegetables.
DIRECTIONS In a large skillet, cook ground turkey and fideo together until turkey is no longer pink. Sopa de Fideo is a Mexican noodle soup made with a tomato-based broth that's super flavorful, savory and perfect for the whole family. It was one of my favorite soups as a kid because it was ready in no time (which was very important to little baby Isabel back in the day), and it had a lot of broth with noodles that were fun to eat! Sopa de Fideo is one of the most traditional soups in Mexico, and is usually part of the mid-day meal in Mexican homes and in small family restaurants called "Fondas".
Fideo Soup instructions
- Put chicken to boil.
- Put oil in a pot and start cooking noodles. stir and make sure not to over cook. at the same time….
- Add paste, chicken flavor, onion, garlic and some water in a blender and blend till smooth.
- After noodles are slightly browned and chicken is done, add the chicken broth and blended ingredients. put to boil..
- After chicken has cooled, shred and add. add desired vegetables.
- Let boil for 15 mins or until noodles are done.
If you go to a Latin market, you'll find two types of "fideo", the thinnest being called "Pelo de Angel" or Cambray ("Angel Hair"). TRADITIONAL SOPA DE FIDEO Fideo soup is a Mexican noodle soup made with a tomato-based broth that contains small noodles called fideo or vermicelli. It is popular in several parts of the world, including Mexico. It is a savory, somewhat smoky flavored soup that is perfect for cool fall days or on a cold winter night. Why make soup in the Instant Pot?