Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread. Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR bananas are packed into a single loaf of this Chocolate Chip Walnut Banana Bread. This Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread is so delicious, moist and tender with a chocolatey and nutty flavor and wonderful aroma. Either as breakfast, dessert or mid-day snack, it will make you feel cozy and heartwarming.
In another bowl, mash bananas and add to the main mixing bowl. Stir bananas, milk, and cinnamon in another bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a third bowl until light and fluffy. You can have Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature).
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 of large very ripe bananas (don't mash until ready to mix).
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. A delicious, moist, easy to make chocolate banana quick bread.
Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray a glass 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray..
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients except walnuts (flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa.) I sifted mine 3 times. This will ensure all your ingredients mix well and you won't overwork the batter..
- In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend all the wet ingredients until smooth (eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar.) Set aside and mash your bananas with a fork (a few chunks are ok.) Once mashed combine bananas with the wet ingredients. Add the walnuts and give a quick stir..
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. I recommend doing this in batches. I did 4 batches, gently folding each with a spatula. Stir just enough to combine. You don't want to overwork the batter because it will result in a dense bread. Pour into prepared dish and place on center rack in oven..
- Bake at 350° for about an hour. Check for doneness by inserting a small knife or a wooden skewer into the center. It's done if it comes out clean. Ovens vary so cooking time may be a little different..
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes. After that remove from pan and cool for another hour on a rack..
Made with cocoa powder & applesauce – this decadent bread is almost guilt-free. This was originally … In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Whisk until there are no more lumps in the cocoa powder and the mixture is well combined.