Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 3 cups of graded carrots.
- Prepare of frosting.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter-softened.
- Prepare 3 oz. of Cream cheese-softened.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3-3/4 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of 2% milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped nuts. (Optional).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake step by step
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt,and nutmeg. Beat into egg mixture. Stir in the carrots..
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9in.cakes pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10mi before removingfrom the pans to sit on wire racks for cooling..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.