Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of Carrot Cake:.
- You need 1 cup of pecans or walnuts- lightly baked & coarsely chopped.
- It’s 340 g of raw carrots (about 2 1/2 cups finely grated).
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sunflower, vegetable or canola oil (or other flavorless oil).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- It’s 1/4 cup (57 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 8 ounces (227 grams) of cream cheese, room temperature.
- It’s 2 cups (230 grams) of confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest (outer yellow skin) (optional).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter, or spray cake pan..
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon..
- With electric mixer, beat the eggs until frothy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on high speed, until the batter is thick and light colored (about 3 – 4 minutes). With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the oil in a steady stream and then beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. With a rubber spatula fold in the grated carrots and chopped nuts..
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean..
- Cream Cheese Frosting: With electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the lemon juice and beat until incorporated. Add the soft cream cheese in four to five additions (scraping the bowl as needed), beating until incorporated and the frosting is nice and smooth..
- To Assemble: Once the cake is cool, slice it in the middle. Place one layer of the cake on your serving platter. Spread with about 3/4 cup (150 grams) of the frosting. Gently place the second cake layer onto the frosting and spread the rest of the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. If desired, garnish with toasted nuts. Serve cold or bring to room temperature before serving..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.