Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 220 g of softened butter.
- Prepare 300 g of sugar.
- You need 1 packet of vanilla sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of very(!) ripe bananas, mashed with a fork.
- You need 375 g of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 250 ml of Greek yogurt.
- You need 100 g of chocolate chips or coarsely chopped, bake-proof chocolate.
- Prepare 1 of Bundt- or Gugelhupf cake tin.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (upper and lower heat). Grease the cake tin..
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar using a hand mixer, until light and creamy. Mix until the sugar has dissolved, which takes about 5-7 min..
- Stir in one egg after the other. Mix until you get a smooth mixture..
- Add the mashed bananas. Don’t worry if the batter looks a little lumpy or strange, this is what it’s supposed to look like!.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. Mix well..
- Add half of the flour mixture and all of the Greek yogurt to the batter. Mix. Lastly add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips/chunks. Don’t overwork the batter by mixing too much..
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check the cake after 30 minutes; if the cake is browning too quickly, loosely place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of the cake. This will prevent the top of the cake to get too dark. Remove the foil towards the end of the baking time..
- Let the cake cool off completely in the cake tin. Then turn out the cake onto a cake platter..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.