Chicken Noodle Soup (Using Chicken Carcass). Chicken Noodle Soup (Using Chicken Carcass). Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it.
Put the chicken in a large soup pot and fill with water. Add the celery, herbs and carrots. Simply brown the bones from the leftover roasted chicken carcass to give the stock a complex flavor, add some vegetables and water, simmer, then strain the stock. You can have Chicken Noodle Soup (Using Chicken Carcass) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup (Using Chicken Carcass)
- You need of Leftover Chicken Carcass/bones,.
- Prepare of Left over roast chicken meat,.
- Prepare 1 of nest vermicelli noodles,.
- You need 70 g of tender stem broccoli,.
- You need 1/4 of yellow bell pepper, sliced finely,.
- You need 1 of spring onion, sliced finely,.
- It’s 1 inch of fresh ginger, chopped finely,.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, sliced finely,.
- You need 1 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- Prepare 1 of level tbsp tamarind sauce,.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of premium oyster sauce,.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar,.
- Prepare of Tiny pinch, red chilli flakes,.
- Prepare of Tiny pinch white pepper.
Finally, just bring it back up to a simmer, add raw vegetables, and finish the soup with any leftover chicken meat and cooked egg noodles. Add egg noodles, cover and turn down to medium heat. I started using chicken carcasses to make soup last year and immediately felt a pang of shame after I thought about all the carcasses I had carelessly discarded in the past. The way I go about making the soup is simple.
Chicken Noodle Soup (Using Chicken Carcass) instructions
- Place the chicken carcass into a large saucepan and pour over enough boiling water to almost completely cover it. Bring to a vigorous simmer and simmer for 30 mins then bring to a gentle simmer and leave with a lid on for 3-4 hours so the broth is super flavourful and the bones are clean. Once done, remove all the bones and debris until only the chicken stock remains..
- Carefully pour the stock into a large jug or container and leave in the fridge over night until set into a jelly. The next day there will now be a layer of white resedue on the top, remove this so only the light golden opaque jelly remains. Return the solidified stock to a large saucepan over a medium low heat and allow to melt back into a liquid..
- Add the soy sauce, white pepper, sugar, tamarind sauce, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, chilli flakes and oyster sauce. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer. Add in the vegetables and the roast chicken pieces plus the noodles. Simmer until the noodles have loosened apart and the vegetables are tender. Do not overcook them, you still want a good bite to them..
- Serve up and enjoy! :).
First, I chop up some garlic, onions, carrots, celery and perhaps a turnip. Very easy and has a homemade taste. I did not cook the chicken first. I simmered it in the broth with the vegetables for more flavor. Used frozen egg noodles and added garlic.