Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins 🍓 🍌. These muffins are super moist, not too sweet, and almost healthy. The oatmeal streusel topping adds the perfect little crunch that I love. These muffins are super simple to make, so grab those ripe bananas off your kitchen counter and make these Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins, I know you are going to love them.
I baked a big batch in June just when the craziness was in full swing so that we could grab and go for breakfasts and snacks. The chunks of strawberries and bananas were a HUGE hit with the kiddos and the husband, and I loved the texture of the oatmeal. So, let's get to making a batch of these yummy strawberry banana oatmeal muffins. You can have Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins 🍓 🍌 using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins 🍓 🍌
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk + 1 tablespoon.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- You need 1 dash of (pinch) salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, diced.
- You need 1 of banana, thinly sliced.
These strawberry banana muffins are fabulous as-is, but feel free to customize them to your liking by adding other ingredients to the mix. Chocolate: You can add about a cup of chocolate chips to the batter for a little extra decadence. Fruit: Change it up and use raspberries or blueberries instead of the strawberries. Dried fruit such as dried cranberries or apricots would be.
Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins 🍓 🍌 instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners..
- Combine the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a small bowl and beat it lightly. In a larger bowl, pour in the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon; gently mix. Add the chopped strawberries and sliced banana to the flour mixture, then stir to coat. Pour in the milk mixture and fold in together just until combined..
- Fill up the muffin cups with the batter, then place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Let them cool down for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to finish cooling..
Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside. Combine sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. OK, strawberry banana muffins were never on our radar. But honestly, what a classic, tried-and-true flavor combination! The lighter side of a classic banana split, strawberry and banana bring a fresh flavor wherever they appear.