Mini Apple Banana Walnut Bread Muffins. We like our banana bread with nuts so I added some chopped walnuts. And I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge so I dusted them with flour and added them to a dozen of the mini muffins. And finally I did substitute the sugar with Truvia Baking Blend.
Though they're loaded with signature fall flavors, these muffins are equally at home in Spring and Summer months. I baked the Apple Banana muffins & the Moist Banana bread today. Both recipes turns up well and awesome. You can have Mini Apple Banana Walnut Bread Muffins using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Apple Banana Walnut Bread Muffins
- Prepare of muffin batter:.
- Prepare 2 cup of apples (peeled, diced, and spritzed with lemon ).
- It’s 4 medium of over ripe bananas.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of melted, cooled butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of soured milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 dash of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnut.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple (diced, peeled and spritzed with lemon juice).
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
Both my husband and kids loved them. My husband said to me "can you just stick to this same recipe, please. The Apple Banana muffins I used brown cane sugar and yogurt as a substitute for buttermilk. Add the paper liners into the muffin tins or spray with a non-stick baking spray.
Mini Apple Banana Walnut Bread Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl wisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl mash banana with sugar and butter..
- Wisk in egg, vanilla and milk..
- Add wet to dry just until incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Fold in apples and walnuts..
- Spray 48 mini muffin cups with nonstick spray. Inside and on top..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with batter..
- Topping: in a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Wisk with fork..
- Place 3 or so pieces diced apple on top of each muffin..
- Sprinkle on a bit of walnut..
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mix over entire muffin top..
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean..
- Let stand 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack for cooling..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
- These are great with a cream cheese drizzle or a sweet cream cheese dip..
- Makes about 48 mini muffins.
In a large bowl, use a fork to mash up the bananas then pour the melted butter into the bananas. These Apple Banana Muffins are soft, light and fluffy with a touch of cinnamon. The batter is easy to mix up in one bowl. These healthy muffins are perfect for grab and go breakfasts and snacks! Muffins are the perfect portable snack or quick breakfast.