Soba Noodles With Chicken & Shiitake Soup. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Ease soba noodles into the water and return to a boil. Add vegetables and chicken to noodles and mix well.
While the chicken cooks, trim the snap peas and thinly slice. Peel the carrots and halve lengthwise, then thinly slice. Add the soba noodles to the boiling water and cook as the label directs. You can have Soba Noodles With Chicken & Shiitake Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soba Noodles With Chicken & Shiitake Soup
- You need 2 of servings Soba Noodles.
- You need 200 g of Chicken Fillets.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Potato Starch Flour *optional.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Oil.
- You need 2 of thick Spring Onions *cut into 4cm in length.
- You need 4-6 of Shiitake Mushrooms *cut in half.
- You need of <Soup>.
- It’s of Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix).
- It’s 400 ml of Dashi Stock *OR 400ml Water & 3/4 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice wine).
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Mirin.
Remove mixture from pan, set aside, and keep warm. A simple sesame-soy dressing coats chewy soba noodles, tender chicken and crisp sugar snap peas in this dish that's good at room temperature or cold. It's a great way to use leftover or. Fill a medium pot with water.
Soba Noodles With Chicken & Shiitake Soup step by step
- Cut Chicken Fillets into large bite size pieces, lightly season with Salt. Coat with Potato Starch Flour, but it is optional..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Chicken and Spring Onion until partially browned. You don’y need to cook them through..
- Place all the soup ingredients in a saucepan, add Shiitake, and bring to the boil. Add pan-fried Chicken and Spring Onion, and cook over medium heat for several minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook Soba Noodles according to the instruction on the package. When cooked, drain, rinse under water if you serve the noodles and soup separately, and drain well..
- Pour the soup in a bowl, sprinkle with some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix), place the cooled noodles on a plate, and serve separately. When you eat, pick up a mouthful of noodles and dip them into the soup, and eat..
- Note: Alternatively, place drained hot noodles in a large bowl, pour the soup over and serve..
Bring to a boil over a high flame. Drain and rinse the soba in cold water to stop the cooking. Set to one side in a colander. In a large sauté pan or wok, heat vegetable oil. Toss soba noodles, chicken, celery, carrot, red pepper, cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds together with dressing in large bowl.