Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can cook Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil (or extra-virgin olive oil).
- You need 1/2 cup of honey (or maple syrup).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2-3 of mashed ripe bananas (about 1 cup).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking SODA.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of & 3/4 cups (224 grams) flour.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325F/165C. Grease a loaf pan and set aside..
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut (or olive) oil (1/3 cup) and honey (1/2 cup) together using a whisk. Add 2 eggs and beat again, then whisk in the mashed bananas (1 cup) and milk (1/4 cup)..
- Add 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Whisk to blend, then using a big spoon stir in 1 & 3/4 cups of flour. Mix just until combined, it’s ok if there are some lumps..
- Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle with a bit of ground cinnamon..
- Baking time is about 55 minutes, but keep checking the cake before. In case the top starts to burn cover it with aluminium foil. The bread will be ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread for 5 more minutes in the switched-off oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 30 more minutes..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.