Spiced Banana Carrot & Kale Muffins .. healthy, egg free. Carrot cake is another all-occasion bake. But, here's the peel… or, deal, rather. For a bit of a fruity twist, add banana to your favorite carrot cake recipe.
In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until only a few chunks remain. Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat until smooth and throughly combined. You can have Spiced Banana Carrot & Kale Muffins .. healthy, egg free using 14 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Banana Carrot & Kale Muffins .. healthy, egg free
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour or whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of 1% milk.
- It’s 1 3/4 oz of fresh kale (leaves only).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of over ripe mashed banana.
- It’s 3/4 cup of grated/shaved carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins.
- You need 3/4 tsp of almond extract.
If I come back in another life as a baked good I WILL BE THIS BREAD OF ALL BREADS. It all started when I set out to make banana bread to take along on my beach trip but wanted to give it a little oomph. I also had carrots and zucchini in the fridge from the farmers market. I decided to do a "mash up" of banana bread and my Spiced Zucchini Carrot Bread.
Spiced Banana Carrot & Kale Muffins .. healthy, egg free instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare kale by rinsing in cold water and drying well..
- Remove stems from the leaves and discard the stems..
- Chop kale into small 1/4 inch pieces. Then weigh.. u should have about 1 3/4oz..
- Spray 6 jumbo muffin cups with baking spray..
- In a large bowl sift together all dry powdery ingredients..
- In a blender place milk, oil, almond extract and kale..
- "Pulse" a few times. Until blended but not pureed! U want chunks of kale!.
- Pour kale mix into a medium bowl. And wisk in mashed banana..
- Stir in carrots..
- Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with water. Place bowl in microwave and cook on high for 2.5 minutes..
- Let raisins rest in water for another 2 minutes and drain raisins well..
- Stir raisins into kale carrot mix..
- Pour the wet kale mix into the sifted dry ingredient bowl..
- Fold/stir together until just combined. Do not overmix!.
- Evenly Fill muffin cups to almost full..
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack for cooling..
- Serve warm or cool with or without butter..
The first go round was pretty good but the texture needed improvement. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Carrot banana bread is incredibly easy and, you won't have to decide whether to make banana bread or carrot cake.