Roast Duck with Braised Red Cabbage and Bread Sauce. Ingredients for cooking: duck, cabbage, onion, black pepper, red pepper, cumin, and salt. Запеченная утка с. Brigitte Hafner shares her recipe for roast duck with a classic German side dish of braised cabbage and divine crisp potatoes cooked in duck fat. Add the spices and stock, and then cover with a lid.
Duck with braised cabbage,sauteed potatoes,sugarsnap peas & mushroom sauce recipe by Chef mark siemsen. Prepare cabbage, speck, mushrooms, potato & trim duck breasts of any excess fat (reserve). reduce heat & add red wine stirring occasionally, add more stock if needed for a sauce. Reheat the duck, cabbage and asparagus and plate. You can cook Roast Duck with Braised Red Cabbage and Bread Sauce using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Duck with Braised Red Cabbage and Bread Sauce
- Prepare 1 (2 kg) of whole duck.
- Prepare 1/2 of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of orange.
- It’s of dried sage.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of salt, white and black pepper.
- You need of leftover mashed potato (optional).
- Prepare 1 of red cabbage, stem removed and sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 3 of apples, peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 of nutmeg, grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of redcurrant or cranberry sauce.
- You need 600 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and cut in half.
- It’s 6 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of bayleaf.
- Prepare 100 g of white breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of double cream (optional).
- Prepare of salt and white and black pepper.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional. Categories: Roasted Vegetable Roasting American Jalapeno Recipes Duck Recipes Poultry Celery Asparagus Cabbage Recipes Main Dish. Chinese Roast Duck With Spicy Duck SauceFoodista. ground ginger, duck sauce, duckling, honey, ground allspice, green Chinese-style Braised Duck Legs With Crispy PotatoesDelicious. Roasted Duck with Red Fruit Sauce.
Roast Duck with Braised Red Cabbage and Bread Sauce instructions
- The duck and the cabbage take about the same amount of time, and after the first 20 minutes can cook in the same oven. They can also sit a while after being cooked, giving you time to make any accompanying vegetables (like duck-fat roasted potatoes and parsnips) and the bread sauce. So get organised before you begin cooking and prep in advance. Grate the orange zest and nutmeg and mix with a couple of teaspoons of dried sage. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7..
- I had some leftover mashed potato from the day before, and a classic stuffing for roast duck is potato-based, so I thought I'd try it out, but it's completely optional. I mixed it with some dried sage and white pepper and pushed it into the duck's cavity, together with a peeled onion (also optional)..
- Rub a little olive oil over the duck and then sprinkle the nutmeg, orange and sage mixture over the top. Add lots of black pepper and salt. Place in the preheated oven..
- Now put together the braised cabbage, if you're going to be around you can cook it on the stove top, or cook with the duck once the oven has been turned down. Prepare the cabbage, onion, apples and garlic, and in a small bowl mix together the nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and brown sugar, together with some salt..
- Layer a third of the cabbage in the pan or casserole, add a third of the onions, apple, garlic and sugar and spice mixture..
- Repeat the layers until everything is used up, then pour in the wine vinegar (red or white). Dot the top with butter and cover with a tight fitting lid..
- After 20 minutes in the oven at the high heat the duck will need to have some of the fat drained off into a heatproof bowl. Keep this for roast potatoes. Return the duck to the oven and cook on for another 10 minutes, then drain off the fat again if necessary. You can then add a glass of dry vermouth or white wine, or water if you want to, this stops the roasting pan burning and helps the meat juices collect for gravy..
- Return the duck to the oven and reduce the heat to 180°C/Gas 4. Add the cabbage if you're cooking in the oven, or place the pan on a low heat on the stove top. In a small pan infuse the milk for the bread sauce together with the butter, onion, cloves, bayleaf and black and white pepper. Bring slowly to a simmer, then cover and remove from the heat..
- Go for a walk for an hour and a half..
- When the duck is golden and crispy, and the flesh on the thigh is tender when you pinch it, it's done. It can now sit and rest while you prepare your vegetables, and finish the bread sauce. Drain the milk into a clean pan and discard the onion and flavourings. Add the breadcrumbs to the milk and cook over a low heat, stirring from time to time, for 4–5 minutes, then cover and set aside..
- Add the redcurrant or cranberry sauce to the red cabbage and check the seasoning. Make gravy with the meat juices if you wish. Stir in the cream to the bread sauce, transfer to a bowl and add a knob of butter. Serve the duck with the cabbage and bread sauce and vegetables..
Orange, chestnuts, small potatoes, garlic cloves. Same Series: Crusty goose leg with braised red cabbage and dumplings. Roast calf's liver with shallots, wine. Roasted duck breast, vegetables, orange aperitif. Roulades beef with sauce, mustard and gherkins.